Thursday 12 January 2012

NARS Sheer Glow Foundation

Since I am totally obsessed with NARS products and needed a new foundation, I knew exactly which brand I wanted to try out.

So as you've probably read previously (hope you have...) I am a major fan of foundations that aren't too thick and give a more natural finish to the skin. My top fave's so far where the Dianne Brill Fresh Water Pearl, Make Up For Ever's Face and Body...and then my cheaper alternative fave is Bourjoise Healthy Mix Serum.

All these are fabulous and I truly do recommend them for when your skin is more normal and you don't have to "cover up" as much... but there were and still are days, when I would have a few blemishes and irritations or just felt down right nasty and wished that these beautiful foundations would just cover up a little bit more. THAT is what this foundation does and that is why it's fantastic!

There are many reviews on line, the product receives negative and positive comments and reviews. The thing is, i think people either expect way too much, or don't pick foundations to suit there skin types, and end up being unsatisfied.

The biggest complaints are the fact that it isn't "glowy" or there is trouble with the application and that it isn't very sheer enough.

NARS Sheer Glow Foundation is NOT as sheer as MUF Face and Body or any of those types though it IS a light weight more natural finish foundation.
In regards to the glow effect...don't expect to be straight up shimmery and highlighting, it's glowy because it doesn't dry as for example MAC Studio Fix fluid. It is superb for normal to dry skin which can handle a bit of moisture..or at least the finish isn't matt.
Application wise, my first question to the makeup artist at the NARS counter was, "How is it the best way to apply this foundation?"..This should be the first question you should ask the sales person ( and then hope he or she knows the answer...but that's a totally different story) when you buy any product. I was told to get the best results, I should just use my fingers. I'm fine with doing that... I prefer brushes and I am sure there's a great way to apply it with them, but whatever...if that's the best way then so be it!

Before the photos just to show how amazing this product is, let me just remind you all of the following:
No matter what type of foundation you use, the results will mostly be based on the condition of your SKIN! NOT the product it self! So remember... exfoliate every 10 days (in general, with an exfoliator that suits your needs) and moisturize!

Color is Santa Fe
Amount is 30 Ml

Blended on my hand... it blends towards the left...
See how it doesn't seem dry or waxy?! Just perfect!

Ok, and here are the most important photos, the before and after...
BEWARE the before photo is scary! ( And I HATE that you will all see me with no makeup, but whatever..must make some sacrifice in the name of research!! )

AFTER NARS Sheer Glow ... (+ YSL Touche Eclat + NARS Luster Blush)
MUCH MUCH MUCH BETTER!!! and I have no concealer anywhere else except the YSL under my eyes.

APPLICATION:
Twist off the cap and put some of the product on your finger...just dab it on the opening of the bottle...
Apply little "spots" of foundation to the cheeks , then use middle and ring finger together and blend the product around the face in little circular movements... repeat on opposite side.
on forehead do the same "spot" trick just in a V shape starting from in between your eye brows and move the product up and outwards.

I didn't even put powder over this.
It took like 5 minutes...MAXIMUM!

What are your top foundations? Have you tried NARS??


No comments:

Post a Comment