Friday 6 January 2012

MASCARAS Part2 and mascara technique photo

So let's not even waste time...

Mascara number seven:
Urban Decay Supercurl Curling Mascara
Link:
http://a248.g.akamai.net/7/248/8278/20101221040212/www.sephora.com/assets/dyn/product/P280411/P280411_hero.jpg
The wand is slightly curved with rubbery bristles quite short... similar to Max Factor Masterpiece mascaras.
I am not wild about it... the formula is a bit "strong". I am sure you have come across mascaras that harden when they dry... this one does that.
It would probably be better for using in the root for VOLUME just because I hate when only the tips stick together, so wouldn't use it for natural look.
Product on my lashes:

Mascara number eight:
Too Faced LashGasm Mascara
Link:
http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?q=too+faced+lashgasm+mascara&um=1&hl=en&biw=1359&bih=579&tbm=isch&tbnid=2SHS990b4Dk39M:&imgrefurl=http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml%3Fid%3DP266705&docid=jnu4hsaY35Yu8M&imgurl=http://a248.g.akamai.net/7/248/8278/20100603030337/www.sephora.com/assets/dyn/product/P266705/P266705_hero.jpg&w=250&h=250&ei=omkHT6S8F8eh8gP1uv1O&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=174&vpy=138&dur=1022&hovh=200&hovw=200&tx=137&ty=101&sig=111417460972590535182&page=1&tbnh=117&tbnw=108&start=0&ndsp=24&ved=1t:429,r:0,s:0
Similarly to Urban Decay's Supercurl Curl Mascara, it is a rubber wand with small bristles...but it does not have a curve. It just goes to show how little things make a difference and all brands have different results... I like the application of this mascara much better than the previous. Nice coating of each lash, no stickyness and the lashes don't dry stiff. I always have liked this brand and have a bunch of their stuff so...stay tuned ;)
I think this mascara can go for natural looks and volume as well nicely.
Product on my lashes:

Mascara number nine:
BareMinerals Flawless Definition Volumizing Mascara
Link:
http://www.beautygala.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/product28.jpg
Love it... Does exactly what it says... I am not very familiar with their products...meaning I haven't bought any of them before, so this is a good first impression.
The wand is large and quite dense and the formula is perfect for it. Result: No clumps just beautifully coated lashes that you can take from natural to volumized...I would probably apply some more volume in the root
Product on my lashes:

Mascara number 10:
Make Up For Ever Smoky Lash
Link:
http://a248.g.akamai.net/7/248/8278/20080816031803/www.sephora.com/assets/dyn/product/P217907/P217907_hero.jpg
I was expecting better... Clumpy, sticky and the formula seems dry and a bit grey...better for adding volume than alone...
Just goes to show all brands have products that aren't amazing.
Product on my lashes:

Mascara number eleven
Smashbox Lash DNA Mascara
Link:
http://www.beautezine.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Smashbox-Lash-DNA-Mascara-291.jpg
I've had this for a while, and still works like a gem!
The wand is a bit strange looking and sometimes it is cut in a strange way..mine has the two little bristles sticking out from the top... but if you apply it with care, you will have no problem.
The color is great, the formula is very lash friendly, no clumps and no stickiness!
I use it for more of a good NATURAL base coat.
I would buy it again, as I got this one for free with my Sephora Beauty Insider points! ( If you don't have a beauty insider account ASK about it at Sephora! You can get GREAT stuff and if you are a makeup/beauty/perfume/haircare junkie like me and buy from there..the points gather up very fast!!!)
The product on my lashes (Similar to BareMinerals!!):

Mascara twelve and thirteen :
MAC Haute and Naughty Lash Mascara
Link:
http://www.beautifulmakeupsearch.com/storage/mac_haute_naughty_mascara.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1278029739295
I am putting them together, because it is ONE product, containing two mascaras.
It's one I buy when I am running low on money as it is the same price as a single mascara, and has a lot of product... also you get two very different looks.
This is how it works:
The main wand is the pink one...it is placed inside the tube attached to the purple cap.
By twisting off the pink cap you pull the wand through the purple tube which REALY removes all the excess off the wand, resulting in beautifully NATURALLY coated lashes. I LOVE this one!!
If you twist it back on, then twist off the purple cap, you will have the same wand as the pink, but with WAY MORE product on the wand, which (should) result in PURE VOLUME... I think it just makes the lashes look clumpy... so not my fave...you can take your time and remove the excess, but if you are pressed for time it sucks. Over all, It is a good mascara though...the color, consistency, application in majority is worth it... especially if you use the pink wand more, it will last forever, just because there is so much formula in the product itself...
The directions say to first use the purple wand, then the pink one... I still would end up with too much product on the lashes.
I do recommend it!
Product on my lashes ( Sorry..very bad photo :S ):
Pink wand
Purple wand


AND FINALLY
Two photos of the mascara technique results...
I paired MAC HAUTE LASH with TARTE GIFTED in the root...

Tadaaaaaaaam!! :) Feel free to compare with my no mascara look in previous posts...I CLEARLY have no lashes if I don't use mascara...so these results (I think) are quite impressive.
Try it out and let me know what you think :)

I will make an effort to do the blush post tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment