Tuesday 17 January 2012

My Foundations...Video and photos


I made my first video, and I was super nervous...which is strange because I've been on TV a good few times before and haven't been this awkward about it in the past...but whatever...bare with me, I tried very hard to be normal and say what I wanted to :D.

Anyway I still will write a few lines below the swatches, in case I forgot anything in the video!

First of all let me just say, I usually use products that other people don't use..I don't know why...that doesn't mean anyone is using the wrong stuff, I just like to try different things and try not to spend too much money on products...I search for quality and nice prices!

I also have a bunch of KRYOLAN ULTRA FOUNDATION and DERMACOLOR...I didn't include those in this , because I try to use those as concealers. If you are curious I can make a post later about them.

Group 1. Thicker foundations
Brands:
Dianne Brill Smoothing Coverage Foundation
Paris Berlin Le Fluid
Sephora Perfecting Cover Foundation

Dianne Brill:
I only did one swatch...the no.3 shade is mixed with something else now... :S 30ml/"tub".
Strong coverage with a porcelain finish!


Paris Berlin:
WATER PROOF.
It does dry dry! It doesn't look it in the photo but, trust me it isn't moisturizing.
Finish is more matt, medium to thick coverage.
100 ml/ bottle.

Sephora:
Matt thicker coverage foundation. I would probably say medium thick to thick.
The shades don't turn color and they stay on for a long time.
Better for normal to oily skin.
35 ml/bottle.

Group two: Medium coverage non-matt finish

Nars Sheer Glow
YSL Perfect Touch Radiance

NARS SHEER GLOW:
Read more about it in previous post... Medium thick to thick coverage, NOT MATT DRY finish.
30ml/bottle

YSL:
Built in brush, shades are too pink and don't have enough colors!
Coverage is similar to Nars sheer glow.
Don't know how many ml, but MAXIMUM 30ml/bottle. MESSY!!!!

Group three: Sheer coverage, natural finish OIL FREE

Bourjoise Healthy Mix Serum
Maybelline Fit Me
Shiseido Dual Balance



Bourjoise: 30ml/bottle..natural to light medium coverage.
Maybelline: 30ml/bottle...SUPER light coverage, slightly buildable coverage. They have MANY shades!!! Hope it comes to Europe!!!
Shiseido: 30ml/bottle...natural to medium coverage. Quite a good range of shades..this was the lightest I believe...

As you can see they all look pretty similar, so think before spending a bundle on "designer" names...usually it's totally not worth it!

DISLIKES:
These are usually too oily or creamy, or they have a strong chemical smell (studio fix by mac!!!) , can dry streaky, change shades when they have dried and or they do not sit well on the skin. I have a few other brands I have tried and not liked, but I only have these for now...

Chanel:
Too oily for a light weight product, it literally slides off the skin...very strange.
I have however tried AQUALUMIERE and that one is FANTASTIC! I don't exaclty know how much product is in it, but i am sure it would be also max 30ml/bottle...I just think there are waaaaaaaaaaay better products on the market than this "Buy me because I have a famous designer name" crap...excuse my french.

Come on... does this look oil free to you?!..No WAY!
Only try it if you are in to the "I only wear tinted moisturizer" thing, or if you have very uneven skin and don't want to wear a thick foundation...(moisturizer + tinted moisturizer+ light weight foundation).
I just do not like this at all.
I don't know the amount in the tube but surprise surprise .. probably 30ml..or 50ml.
The coverage is very sheer..obviously.

AAAAAND here is the video... Should I do more? Maybe I'll get more confident with time...who knows... :D


Hope you find it useful!!
Tomorrow LiLash update...!!!

1 comment:

  1. The Paris Berlin foundation, was it 4 or 5 the darker shade? Have you tried other shades?

    ReplyDelete