Thursday 20 October 2011

Introduction

Hi everyone!
I decided to start a blog about skincare and makeup because lately, I have been spending a lot of time watching YouTube, and discovering more and more talented and creative people.
I enjoy watching them and have great appreciation towards them!

With that said, I do however find there is a shortage of actual videos AND blogs, talking about actual makeup looks and products that can be worn day by day without looking too "done up".

I myself find that when I shop for products, I tend to deviate away from overly colorful, shiny or glittery products (unless it is needed for work purposes) and go for more subtle, earthy shades in matt or velvety textures.
I do have many beautiful and vivid products in my kit (which I will be showing to you all and describing my thoughts about them), but generally I've noticed they haven't been used too much. Mainly because I spent a good portion of my career in Television, doing makeup for more serious/conservative shows like news casts and talk shows, where the hosts and hostesses have to look relatable and portray the general "vibe" of the topics they would speak about.
In Fashion shows and photo shoots the same rules apply, with different techniques, but none the less most magazines and print media target the general public, whom are more drawn to relatable appearances.
There are some great creative magazines and media sources which offer more colorful story boards, though these are usually more in demand to those working in (close) relation to the fashion and and beauty industry.

In this blog I want to make an effort to show you and talk to you about products that work, how they work and which ones can make you look and feel gorgeous without looking like you are going for "A LOOK". To me, even a smoky eye can look too overpowering...so I will try to show some alternatives...I don't think women over 25 necessarily feel like they can carry off so much dark eye makeup, EVEN THOUGH secretly we would love to have the same look as a model, walking the runway of a Versace show (.I just wrote that example, because the girls always look so feminine and sexy).
I am young and already feel like if I wear too much eye shadow, I am adding at least 5 more years to my age...at least..and end up wiping off my makeup after spending the time and effort applying it. Am I the only one who does this?
So I will also be showing for example my favorite EASY and flattering for ALL AGES makeup combos...which you can pick and choose the techniques you like.

Also I want to start doing some tutorials..but I think for now I am going to try and keep to the basics first. Products...was it worth it...how to use it....etc.

SKINCARE!
I will be writing about basic skin knowledge. Skin types to be exact and products I have used over the years... Besides being an aesthetician I have probably had EVERY type of skin in my life and used everything from Pro-Active to Clean and Clear and Clinique and La Roche Posay and Vichy and so on and so forth...

I will show you what my fave products are, how to combat skin "issues", and what chemicals you want to stay away from!

I will try my very best to keep up with posts, but bear with me...

Welcome and I hope you find this blog useful...if anyone has any specific questions, or ideas/topics they want me to write about, let me know!

Enjoy!

Alexa





No comments:

Post a Comment