Friday 21 October 2011

Cleansers, Exfoliators worth buying!!

I am ONLY posting and writing about the product I like and wouldrecommend. If you have questions about any specific brand, feel free to ask! :)I USUALLY buy all my skin care products at the pharmacy or specific beauty stores. I definitely feel proper skin care products ARE worth the money and you shouldn't buy based on prices...( Cheap product usually are cheap for a reason! Expensive products ofter are expensive because you are buying the label! ) Go for trust worthy products that are not too commercial!

CLEANSING:

CETAPHIL CLEANSING BAR

This is a great product for normal skin or skin that
is well hydrated and a little bit oily.

What I find with this product that
it gives a great gentle cleanse, though if you have d
ry skin it will make your skin feel tight.
It will not cause any irritation in general, it doesn't have any potent scent or any
coloring...it just lathers and foams which
usually means it is in fact removing your essential oils and water barrier...which is fine if you have the skin which can cope, and produce back the needed amount of oils and hydration...but can be too strong for anyone who suffers from dry skin.




BIODERMA Sensibio H2O:

This is initially a makeup remover made especially for sensitive skin. I used it for a long time to wash my face with or sometimes to just calm my skin. It has kind of a yucky taste to it, but it was great for my skin.
You can put some on a cotton pad and cleanse your face with it, or put 3-4 drops in the palm of your hand and use your other hand to pat the product on to your face...when it
is all on, you can massage it around a bit, then rinse with cold water.
It is water based and totally fluid, not gel-y at all!! Very gentle and will not take away any of your skins natural moisture. Safe for all skin types to use!
I would buy it again if I find where to purchase it!
Usually you can get it in any pharmacy or drugstore! If not check on line!
I have not tried any other of their cleansing products, but based on how wonderful this product is, it's
worth to try their other products for other skin types.




BIOTHERM BIOSOURCE:




I have used both of th
ese products before. They are cream c
leansers, meant to be used with cotton pads...
I honestly used them as face washes...I never liked having a creamy feel with a cleanser, so I would also recommend just massaging a small amount around the face then gently rinsing with cool
water. This brand is great for sensitive, dry skin... if you have a little bit of oil in the T-Zone, this product will be great as
well! Those who have a bit more oil or shine can
try the foamy face washes from this brand...the variety is huge! All super safe to use and don't have any harsh scents or chemicals.
I used the white "fragile" skin one when I had the eczema...it was the ONLY thing my skin would tolerate! Gradually my skin got better but still stayed quite dry, so I started using the other one...it was perfect!
It is a bit pricey but you don't need too much of it for each use, it's very spreadable.


LIERAC EAU DE SOIN DEMAQUILLANT:



I used to to promotional work for this company (LIERAC Paris) and it it one of those brands that you fall in love with!
This cleansing water is amazing! It foams just enou
gh to get that sense of cleanliness, but is so gentle because of it's watery base. It is very similar to Sensibio, but this one is just more desirable. It has a wonderful peachy-rose smell that is not at all over powering but is just light enough to make you enjoy it more! It is made for more delicate skin, but the great thing with Lierac is, their other cleansers for i.e.: oilier skin is also water base, so your skin feels refreshed but not tight and dry after washing. You may use this the same way as the Sensibio.If I have the money to splurge, I will buy this one.


NEUTROGENA Oil Free ACNE STRESS CONTROL:

This is the ONLY "generic" product I like and have no issues with. It's price is reasonable. The texture is spreadable. It cleanses very well keeping the skin feeling fresh and not tight or dry. It was a great smell and gives a cool tingle feel after use. At the moment I am using this a few times a week...maybe 2-3 times maximum and once a day only. (It is safe to use every day, I just find my skin needs all the moisture
it can get...so I alternate between this and the next item I will write about...)
Normal to any of the Seborrheic skin types may use this product.




FACE WIPES:
The main thing is, you want it to have the least bit of chemicals in the ingredients list. You can choose them to fit your skin type. Since my skin is super dry and sensitive, plus I have a little bit of oiliness in the T-Zone, I either buy ones good for normal skin, or ones for sensitive skin. In all honesty, my little bit of oiliness doesn't bother me too much, and it is better then having full on dry and irritable skin. I use these morning and evening. If you want to use them for makeup removal, ONLY use ones made for sensitive skin...the texture of the towelette is quite rough...add some strong chemicals and trust me your eye area WILL NOT APPRECIATE IT!

EXFOLIATORS

There are only 2 that I like enough to write about so this will be super fast.

MAC Microfine Refinisher Gommage:
I have just read it is discontinued and I HOPE IT IS NOT TRUE because this is THE BEST EXFOLIATOR I have ever used!!!
The tiny scrubbers act the same way microdermabrasion acts...they are like little crystals. They remove all the dead skin cells wonderfully and the texture is c
reamy enough to help the product to be spreadable, but will not take away from the products initial job. You only need a little bit at once and use it every 2nd week! The price is 100% worth it! I have been using this for the past 3 years and still have my second tube half full.
It could be strong to use on very very sensitive skin, but if you used it only on the areas needed and not too vigorously I believe you could be ok with it. You will be a little bit red though after it ,with any type of skin, so use it in the evening before bed time.

LIERAC Soin Exfoliante Lumiere Visage:

Again, Lierac. I started using the MAC exfoliator to try and replace this one. It suddenly started to vanish from stores, but I still am keeping my eye open, and seeing if I can find it somewhere. It had such a great texture, it was like cake frosting/icing...the color and the scent was like it too. It made me feel like I wanted blue ice cream or a cupcake!
The micro scrubbers where the perfect size, and fully eliminated all dead skin cells! I would recommend this to anyone and I hope I can find it again! Use it the same way as the MAC one... a bean size amount with on wet skin, massage around for a good 30 seconds then rinse with cool water. I found this product left my skin less red and a bit moisturized...I LOVED IT! PLEASE COME BACK IN MY LIFE! :)


So that is the list of my top fave products for cleansing and exfoliating! I have used many many others, but THESE are some of the best ones for your money's worth!
If I come across any other amazing products I will make sure I make a post about it!
Next Post will be about Serums and Moisturizers :)..probably in the next few days! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment