Friday 12 April 2013

Catching Up...


Hey everyone!

So I think I owe everyone some insight on my past year...and why I went completely "here today, gone tomorrow" on you all.

Full time, retail sales and services in London's busiest area for one of the Top 3 Beauty companies in the World. It doesn't matter which one. It's more just the rest. I am actually just going to leave it at that, those who can relate will get it and those who can't wouldn't get it anyway! Plus it would be totally unprofessional to go into it.

Now I have changed my circumstances a bit, new company, part time and overall more exciting and creative...let's just say, it's more up my alley.

Over the past year of course, I have come across many new products and different trends and routines.

1. EYEBROWS
NEVER underestimate the importance of your brows...just look at Cara Delevingne... I remember seeing in magazines (years ago now) all the hype about fuller brows... I was always kind of like..yeah fine whatever, surely there are more interesting trends at the moment then measly brows.
Now I am at the point where I HAVE TO DO THEM EVERY DAY!! Makes a huge difference!!

WELL ladies and gentlemen, it is NOW time to go grab the following :

  • flat angle brush + matt medium brown powder OR Brow pencil with spoolie ( The color doesn't matter, it's just so you can mark it out for now)
  • some long, straight, thin utensil, like a pencil or cotton bud or another brush.
  • a mirror, preferably a standing one, you will need your hands.
Face straight into the mirror.
Take your utensil and line up the dip of your nostril to the brow bone. DO NOT LINE IT UP TO YOUR TEAR DUCT NOR THE OUTER CORNER OF YOUR NOSE! Mark the area where it hits the brow bone with a line!! (Yes, use your coloring tool). By lining up from the dip of the nose it will SLIM DOWN your nose line... Hello nose job for the broke, like me! Haha.

To get your arch move the utensil from the outer CORNER (not dip) of your nose and look at YOURSELF in the mirror while you line up to the brow bone. Now this is where you can go two ways... either have your utensil go through the center of the pupil OR (and this is the way I prefer it) just along the outer corner of the pupil... The difference is the first version will give you a bit more of a smaller brow and the second version will make it just a tiny bit longer... Do whatever you prefer. Mark the area again with your color tool.
You arch is going to lift the eye area (instant eye lift) and also flatter the high point of your cheeks.

The length of the brow is the easiest, well it's all pretty easy when you think about it ( "Doh" moment ), just line up the outer corner of the nose to where it hits your brow bone and mark it the same way as the previous ones. Hello framed eye area! :) REPEAT ON OTHER SIDE.

When it comes to filling in there are MANY different ways and techniques. I'll do a separate post about just brows and products. Every one likes them differently, I like mine a bit ombre-d, some like them fully colored, angular, rounded, thicker, thinner... etc... for now just play with the markings... and I prefer powder..I think it just looks better to have a shadow behind the brows and no waxy texture pasted on the hairs themselves.


2.PRIMERS
So yes, I have always been a bit mad about textures and always was one to focus more on getting the base right so the foundation portion could stay quite "light".
Well, I have become EVEN MORE obsessed with this now... which makes my routine even LONGER than it was...but hey...if people are going to say I look 23, when I'm actually going on 28...It's SO worth it!!
At the moment I use a minimum of 3 different types...(Conditioning/calming+Smoothing+Illuminising).Will do a separate post on these too... probably a "Basic face makeup routine"...Basic?! HAHAHA whatever, to me it is, but you can just take whatever you want from it...
I mainly am into using them not because "it will keep my makeup on longer" because I don't cake it anyways, but more so I can get away with using less foundation and face powder (which I still HATE on myself).


3.FACE COLOR (contouring, highlighting, blush...etc)
I cannot even tell you how important these steps are...For the past few years now I find myself deviating away from doing bold eyes and/or lip colors/looks...The face itself is the BIGGEST feature of the face SO I kind of think it's top priority. So again, just some more technical bits I am more and more obsessed with...
I am seeing a lot of girls doing some great makeup looks but because the face looks unfinished, there is no harmony and it just looks...unfinished.
Don't get me wrong, you don't need to do all steps of tranny makeup, but if you are doing a strong eye look and your face looks like your just going to the grocery store... ummm no!!
 


4.BRUSHES BRUSHES AND MORE BRUSHES
I now have tons and tons of different brushes, but I still feel like I need more! I don't think I have done a specific post about what brushes are great for what, but I no doubt have plenty now, to show you guys which ones are going to be best with various textures and skin types... and by the way REAL TECHNIQUES BRUSHES are my hands down faves!! Not so much the eye ones, I feel like they are kind of clumsy, but the face ones are to die for...Will try and get my hands on some of the limited edition ones...hope they aren't sold out yet.


5.FOUNDATIONS
Because one just isn't enough...need I say more?! Will do a post on my faves and application!


IN THE MEAN TIME
Let me know if anyone has any specific questions or ideas of what they would like me to write about or which topic to start off with.
I also thought of this: Are there any products or collections you are maybe wanting to try out but don't want to just go out and buy it yet, or maybe you don't have it in your country?! Let me know, and I will go and research it for you! :)

I feel like it could take me a while to get back into the routine of making these posts... so bare with :)

Will probably be doing more makeup reviews this time around, which I know I always enjoy researching on other peoples blogs...



No comments:

Post a Comment