Thursday 3 November 2011

Best Day Creams...and 2 "mists" I forgot to mention...

So before showing the day creams I have to mention two spray mists that are great...both have different effects but are great!

CAUDALIE BEUTY ELIXIR:

You can get this in a small size at Sephora...at least that's where I always bought it. Use it to refresh, tone, minimize pores and prep your skin beforeyour daily moisturizer. It'sscent is amazing , and if you don't want to feel like you have too many products on your face, but find that moisturizer alone isn't enough THIS is a great product.

The price is 16$ for the "To Go" version(1oz / 30ml) ...reasonable to try it out...it will last a month or two, then you can see ifyou would buy it again.Forthose interested in this product and don't have a Sephora near by, check the french Sephora website..they ship to many countries in europe!


THERMAL WATER SPRAYS:

I never found a difference between the brands first off. They don't have any real effect that is anti-aging or super nourishing or will help with oily skin. However, they are great for refreshing your skin if it is irritated or very dry. They are soothing and calming on the skin, sometimes when I have irritation and dryness I use these to sooth away redness and calm the skin before applying my other skin care products (i.e.: You have to get somewhere in a hurry and get ready fast, but you've just exfoliated and you're as red as a tomato). They are available in large and small sizes at pharmacies and their prices range from more expensive to a bit less...


FINALLY Moving on to MOISTURIZERS!! :)

In general I always prefer brands sold in pharmacies rather then cosmetics or department stores. I have always been happier with the products available there vs. MAC or Clinique or Decleor (for example). Also the sales people know a bit at least about what they are selling.


I am putting these in RANDOM ORDER and remember I am ONLY listing the BEST products I have used!


DDF (Doctor's Dermatologic Formula) Products :


These products are AMAZING quality concerning their effects. Again, from SEPHORA I received these in tester form ( If you don't have a BEAUTY VIB card or account there, GET ONE!!! Sooooooooo worth it!!! ). I got the "Advanced Firming Cream Moisturizer" and at first glance I was sceptic about it...It's nothing special looks wise, it's texture feels quite "thick", like a massage cream. The smell was a bit off-putting, it's just a bit of a medicated scent

Anyhoo, I still tried it out and was very impressed! I can have the worst dry skin but this cream amazingly! My skin felt smooth, healthy, well moisturized and the best part was ,that at the time I was having a bit of a break out and it TOTALLY calmed the irritation!!! So I very much recommend this brand! In the states I saw it in Marshall's too, but I don't know howlong it's been there so I would just get it at Sephora or search it online! I never checked the price since I am still using the tester ( I got two ) so I honestly didn't check the price...I have a feeling they would be a bit pricey...but remember SKIN=ORGAN! It's worth the money IF it works!!


AVENE EAU THERMALE:


At the moment I am using the "Antirougeurs" cream for dry to very dry sensitive skin. It has the slightest green tint to it to help even out redness in the skin. It hydrates well and has no irritating effects as it has no fake/perfume/fruity/whatever smell. I also have tried the "Hydrance Optimale" cream... this is actually kind of a main name for a range of creams within the brand. It's basic function is to intensely moisturize the skin -hence the name- but has ones for each skin type! It does what it says and adapts to your skin type. I like both of these products so I am pretty sure their other products are quite good as well. They are available in pharmacies.


A-Derma:

Not going to go in to too much detail about this brand I've used some of their products and they are very similar to Avene Eau Thermale. My mom always uses this product and she used to put it on me too ( which I hated at the time because I could care less about moisturizer at age 12-13 ?! ). It is a great brand though with a wide range of variety.

Search it on google for more information. My fave one is the SENSIPHASE pink color one...it's great for dry sensitive skin.


LIERAC CORRECTEUR ANTI-TACHES:

. This cream was one of the best I had ever tried when I had very uneven skin tone either because of I was "recovering" after a breakout and my pigmentation wasn't even or when I felt like my skin just looked dull and was dry. It has the smallest illuminating particles in a very rich textured cream. The particles reflect light off the face while the cream itself nourishes and moisturizes. If you like to use primers with illuminating particles under foundation, this cream will let you skip that step!

The only negative about this cream that it can dry out over time... it lasts a good 2-2,5 months though just because of the spreadable quality of the brand, which means a little bit goes a long way!


DIANNE BRILL ALL DAY TEMPTATION:

Unfortunately I am unable to post a photo of it for some reason... It looks very similar to the serum posted previously, except the bottle is bigger/taller and it is a white lotion.

Very nice scent, comfortable moisturizer and great light, yet moveable texture. Your skin will feel very refreshed! I was using it in the spring last year and felt great on a hot day as it has a bit of a "tingle". I just found it on kaboodle.com where it is sold for 28$ so not the cheapest, but if you don't have overly irritable skin which is a little bit dry-normal and want light moisture you will not be disappointed! I remember being sad when it ran out! Awww :(



Last but not least to mention:

LIERAC MAT-CHRONO EMULSION-HYDRATANTE:


This is a light-weight lotion FANTASTIC for oily skin types! It was a great fresh scent just as the serum has and it controls shine amazingly! Many brands have mattifying effect creams/lotions, but I find that they DO NOT absorb well... they just kind of sit on the skin and then kind of peel off...yuck! This however totally absorbs and helps control oil while not totally drying the skin! For the best results I would combine it with the serum! The prices are similar to each other, and by the way, the "Mat-Chrono" products are one of the brands most popular products!


So those are the best of the best according to my experience so far! Up next :Acne Combat products and tricks ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment